“The term ‘acupuncture’ describes a family of procedures involving the stimulation of points on the body using a variety of techniques. The acupuncture technique that has been most often studied scientifically involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by electrical stimulation. Practiced in China and other Asian countries for thousands of years, acupuncture is one of the key components of traditional Chinese medicine.” – from nih.gov
Acupuncture techniques at our clinic are implemented in the gentlest manner possible and we use the thinnest-possible needles to ensure comfort and ease of insertion.
Many patients report not feeling the insertion of needles whatsoever.
The type of acupuncture performed at our clinic varies, based on the individual and the condition(s) being treated.
Acupuncture styles we utilize at our clinic:
- 5 Element Acupuncture: This very gentle, yet very effective system deals primarily with balancing emotional states and is excellent for symptoms of Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Grief, PTSD, Addictions, OCD, etc.
- Trigger Point Acupuncture/Dry Needling/Ashi: This system is excellent for physical traumas and chronic pain from sports injuries, bike or car accidents, repetitive strain injuries (as can be the case for musicians, dancers…)
- Palpation-based: Shudo Denmai style and Hara Diagnosis (Kiiko Matsumoto style)
- Master Tung Style
- 8 Extraordinary Vessels/Jeffrey Yuen style (as taught by Dr Yvonne Farrell)
- Electric Stimulation
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) style
- Auricular (Ear) Acupuncture: This system is often used in conjunction with other Acupuncture systems but is also often used alone for smoking & other addictions, weight loss, PTSD/Traumas and stress.